Went to Legoland today! Had one of the worst heart attacks this morning when I woke up to the ringing of my phone. Morning calls are the worst thing to receive over here cause it implies we're late. And today was the worst of all. Time to be in school was 830am, we had agreed to meet at 750am and I received the call at close to 8am. Up till that morning, the quickest time we've clocked was a half hour speed walk to school. I almost freaked out. Got out of my room in 10 minutes and we speed walked+ran to school in 20 minutes. The drizzle didn't help. My lungs were burning due to the cold and thin air by time we arrived. Thank goodness the others were only beginning to board the bus. Would have stabbed myself if yj had to miss Legoland cause of me. >.<~
It rained/poured/shone minimally/drizzled/gusted on our 2 hour ride to Legoland, located next to the Billund airport. Didn't expect much as I kept wondering just how exciting Lego could get. Probably just a park with structures/statues/buildings/etc constructed with mini Lego bricks. But I was wrong. The 60 odd sgd entry ticket was not as overpriced as I thought it was. Legoland was an amusement park!! =D My first since I can't remember when. Escape? Or perhaps some theme park in Australia's Gold Coast.
Its been such a long time, I just have to yell...
AMUSEMENT PARK!!! WHOOOOOOTS!!!
Anyway, as expected there were miniature towns/houses/airports/cities and random life size models of lions/rabbit with chainsaw/peeing dogs/oxens/donkeys/alligators/sharks and yellowlikeSimpson divers/tourists/pianists/slutty looking women/ah pehs/pirates. All constucted from Lego of all sorts of colours. The weather had cleared up abit by then but generally throughout the entire day it was just clouds, wind, rain and more rain.
(Ok. I'm going to fast forward and just list the rides.)
First up was Legotop, a gallery that revolved at the top of a tower. Nothing much to see as there wasn't anything in the vicinity and too many trees all around to see the minaitures or the other rides in the park.
Monorail with yj at the head of the train. I actually knocked my head on the ceiling of the carriage. They weren't kidding when they said the place was kiddy-friendly.
Minetog next. Typical minetrain. Snaked by Lego-lised monuments and through tunnels. No thrill.
Then Legoland's log ride in the form of a canoe. Medium height, medium splash. Didn't get wet despite being right in front. The first time I screamed. It's quite a liberating experience. Have never quite understood it came about but I guess it was the company. People who were so high and kept screaming before anything even happened. Haha.
Explored Name On It to escape the wind.
Piratbåde. Some boat ride with caves and a shark with a leaf for an eye.
Piratkarrusel. This was where the excitement began. Spinning teacups replaced by what looked like tubs. The speed made it really fun!On to the Pirate Wave Breaker. What made it different from normal viking ships was that it rotated as it oscillated. Slightly dizz-inducing but I liked that it didn't make me feel like puking as the one at Escape did.
Next up was the Viking River splash. Tube ride. The dizziest ride in the whole park because the float kept turning round and round as we meandered along. Cool part was this crane that brought each float vertically upwards before releasing it down a seemingly steep slide. Here, we started to get wet. Thank goodness for b's poncho! =)
Dragen. Half indoor, half outdoor rollercoaster.
It started pouring after that. Had to seek shelter for awhile. Waited the rain out and went to X-treme Racers. Had to drag wl up the ride cause it was the meanest looking ride in the park due to the steep drop. But it was also the most exhilarating ride. Haha. Nothing compared to those at Ocean Park but still fun nonetheless.
Had a competition amongst ourselves to "fight fire" at the next attraction. Wl and I v the others in another fire truck. It was really meant for hyperactive 5 year olds. We had a hard time "pumping" our truck to the end of the lane, then "pumping" water to "put out the fire" before "pumping" our truck back to the start line. It felt worst than washing jeans. I hope pictures of what transpired never surface. But wl and I won anyway. Haha. =D
Jungle Racers next. Some jet ski like ride that rotated on water. It started pouring again and we had to find shelter once more. As if the rain didn't drench us enough...
Pirate Splash Battle followed. In essense, it was a boat ride equipped with water guns. Or cannons in this case. That meant we got to shoot water at other ships. And unfortunately, vice versa. Bystanders could also water cannon us too as there were some along the pathway surrounding the "lake". Got thoroughly soaked.
Souvenir window shopped for awhile before it started raining cats and dogs again. Went back to Name On It to buy some stuff before grabbing lunch (while it rained again for the upteenth time).
It was time to get back to the bus before we knew it. Had to miss the 4D show and Atlantis. =/ Slept 3/4 of the way back to Aarhus.
No comments:
Post a Comment