Friday, July 31, 2009

Cultural Night





It was greenshirtday at band today. But unfortunately, the schedule was too tight to take pictures of j, j and I etc all wearing green to band. Had band for a couple of hours before we were given time off to go back to Beukenhorst, rest and prepare for Cultural Night. Used the couple of hours to take a trip around the countryside again and this time, instead of the apple farm (which I suppose was what we were trying to find), we found a wheat field.

(Poof and it became koko crunch!)

Made it back to Beukenhorst in time to help out with the curry cooking but hw, wj, ws, j and I decided to just slack off, munch on chips and watch a concert featuring Joe Hisaishi's works while xw and some others were cooking the curry for later that night.

Left for Cultural Night a couple of hours later. The night went by in a flash. A tv crew from the local broadcasting network came to film us and interview n. N, who many people took the opportunity to snap a photo with. We had a modestly sized audience and the performance didn't go too badly. Think I couldn't reach a couple of GR's high notes but I was probably too drowned out by the others to hear even if I did reach them. Went to help out a few others to serve bread, curry and bah kwa to the locals after the post performance phototaking flurry.

Got back around 1130pm Netherlands time and going to sleep soon. 2am now. They're still playing Uno outside the room. Haha.

Towards a full day band tomorrow from day to night!

2 comments:

  1. woah who is that first guy from right in the wheat field picture? he looks twice ur height.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hes NOT twice my height k. he just happened to be the tallest there. haha

    ReplyDelete