Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Touch down



The flight on SQ was good. The best honestly. Good food, entertainment and service but I guess that's to be expected. Haha. Was originally sharing the row of seats in the middle block with a cranky looking old woman but after take off, she chose to vacate her seat for one near the window. With 13 hours to kill, first thing I did was to check out the plethora of in-flight entertainment. Watched Sunshine Cleaning, Push and abit of Dragonball Evolution (Dumb choice.) before catching some shut eye as my eyes were getting very dry. One of the few times I woke up, I caught sight of a damn beautiful sunrise in the window. It was breathtaking but regrettably, my camera was in the overhead storage compartment. Could only stare helplessly when that cranky woman shut the window. -_- Went back to sleep before putting Coraline on. Didn’t get to finish the show as the plane was landing. First time I didn’t feel the urge to get off a plane as I usually feel on other flights.

Navigated through check out, got my luggage from the luggage carousel as quickly as I could and found the rest of the Musart people without a hitch. In all my excitement, I actually forgot to tell the tour guide that I had reached but he found out anyway. Waited for a short period before piling into a bus where we had to wait for a bit more because hw had lost his bag and passport. Plus some other issues with accommodation that cropped up, probably waited around half an hour before we set off on a 2 hour ride to Wielderhoes. It was, apparently, in a small town in the countryside. Wasn’t sure of what to expect but it was where we’d be practicing for the next few days. Dropped off the instruments at Wielderhoes and headed to Beukenhorst, our guesthouse.

Had lunch at 1pm. It was a vegan buffet, probably to cater to all. The portions seemed quite small. Or perhaps because we only had small plates to eat from but I guess it was ok since I didn’t have much appetite. Appetite had shrunk.

Gathered at 3pm for the bus back to Wielderhoes. According to the schedule, band was going to end at 1030pm that night. Mein gott. Rushed through a short bath and got nagged at by the tour guide cause I was late, ie the last person out of the house. The tour guide sucks by the way. More elaboration next time.

15 minute ride to Wielderhoes, a small building with a modest hall and quite a number of rooms. Mape was there practicing when we arrived. Saw yulin and eileen. After they wrapped up, we set up and from then on it was Butterfly Lovers and Elgin Sound on repeat mode. Tiresome experience, the beginning of more to come. Had a bit of sectionals before combine. Met Manuela, a Dutch who was going to join our section for the coming performance and competition. Thank goodness my bio clock was trained from the ungodly slping hours in sg. Many people were nodding off from jet lag. Haha.

Got back to Beukenhorst and sat around with the band people. I remember hw, wj and I in a row on the bench. Xw and w had gone to listen to several bands previously (the concert division if I remember right) and commented that they were all damn good. As though we were going to get trashed.

Tomorrow’s practice is scheduled from morning until 1030pm again. Time to sleep. 1230am Amsterdam time, 630am sg time.

No comments:

Post a Comment