Sunday, November 22, 2009

Stockholm: Town and B's birthday at Pong









Checked out of our room on the top floor right to the basement of the hostel. The supposed family room. Stuffed myself with digestive biscuits and tea to ensure I wouldn't go hungry halfway through the day in town. If there was a brand synonymous with Sweden, it was either IKEA or H&M. We were to find out just how big the latter was. Every street had multiple H&Ms. A single corner could have 2 H&Ms facing each other. They all generally sold the same clothes, varying only slightly for each store to focus on different target groups. However, the prices were way different from the H&Ms of Oslo. They had similar numerical prices but in different currencies! Despite the scores of H&Ms we went to, I was a little disappointed that nothing caught my eye.

After photographs at Klara Kyrka and Adolf Frederiks Kyrka, we were famished and settled for Thai and dim sum buffet at Pong to celebrate b's official birthday. Dinner lasted a solid 4+ hours, round after round, course after course. Haha.

On the way back to the hostel after dinner, a and I sneaked off to buy a slice of cake, claiming a had left her camera pouch back in the restaurant. It also served for me to steal a candle from the Thai restaurant. After this episode, I summise I suck at acting innocent. The waitress with attitude problem from before asked what I was up to when a went to the toilet to buy time. After going through all the hassle, secretly blowing out the candles on the table hoping the wax would solidify quickly and trying to pretend to be seaerching for something at our table, I gave up and asked the nice waiter at the cashier for a candle. I was easily given a new one. -_- After that and even after leaving the restaurant, I couldn't get it out of my head that the AP waitress would eventually find out I had intended to steal a candle. Grrrr. -_- Anyway, we bought a cake and caught up with the rest to return to the hostel.

Surprised b after her bath and the candle ended up not serving its purpose as there wasn't a lighter to be found in the hostel. That experience also taught me that I would never be able to start a fire by leaving coffee filters on an induction stove. -_-" Thus it was a candle-less slice of Mille Feuille. It ended up being a late night for the other 4 of us once more, talking and chatting up till 3+am.

No comments:

Post a Comment